Gameday XIV Event Planning

ENWorld has announced that their recent outage may result in everything from Dec 29th onward being lost. That includes the planning thread for Gameday XIV. Head over to this thread on Nutkinland for more details about the outage.

It is now imperative that our volunteer GMs post their event details in the comments for this post. Right now, this is the only record I have of your events.

You can register for a subscriber account on this blog here: http://gameday.buzzmo.com/wp-register.php

Thank you for your patience.

Current Event Lineup

Morning:

1. “The Sword,” Burning Wheel FRPG, buzz (tall table in back)
  2. “FCWesel’s Untitled Playtest Project, AM�, undisclosed system, FCWesel (private room)
  3. TBD, WFRP2, JoeGKushner
  4. TBD, M&M2e, Reidzilla
  5. Legends of the Shinning Jewel, D&D 3.5, kenobi65
  6. “Beyond the Veil”, D&D 3.5, Trevalon Moonleirion
  7. Minitaures Painting Seminar, Painfully

Afternoon:

1. “FCWesel’s Untitled Playtest Project, PM�, undisclosed system, FCWesel
  2. “The King’s Wedding Day…or should I say DEADDING DAY!!! (Is that McBain-y enough for you?)�, D&D 3.5, TracerBullet42 (tall table in back)
  3. “The Iron Heroes vs. White Plume Mountain�, Iron Heroes (d20), Pbartender
  4. TBD, M&M2e, Reidzilla
  5. “Gaelic Sunrise�, Dread, Ninjacat (table between partitions)
  6. Minitaures Painting Seminar, Painfully
This entry was posted in Events, News. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

9 Comments

1. FCWesel
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Buzz, here are my events. Hopefully, the legal-eagles and the suits-that-be will get things wrapped up soon so I can give you solid information.

“FCWesel’s Untitled Playtest Project, AM”
    “FCWesel’s Untitled Playtest Project, PM”

2. FCWesel
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Please set one of my games (the “am,” I guess) in the Private Room. I believe someone else asked to have it in the afternoon.

3. Pbartender
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 10:29 am | Permalink

For the afternoon…

“The Iron Heroes vs. White Plume Mountain”
    Iron Heroes D20
    Pbartender

Search ye far or search ye near, you’ll find no trace of the three unless you follow instructions clear, for the weapons abide with me. North past forest, farm, and furrow you must go to reach the feathered mound. Then down away from the sun you’ll burrow — forget life, forget light, forget sound. To rescue Wave, you must do battle with the Beast in the Boiling Bubble. ‘Crost cavern vast, where chain-links rattle lies Whelm, past waterspouts double. Blackrazor yet remains to be won underneath inverted ziggurat. That garnered, think not that you’re done, for now you’ll find you are caught. I care not, former owners brave, what heroes you seek to hire. Though mighty, each shall be my slave or vanish into the fire. ~K.

This is an Iron Heroes D20 adventure for up to six 7th-level pre-generated characters. No experience required, but familiarity with D&D 3.5 is helpful.

4. buzz
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 10:33 am | Permalink

Well, this seems to be working out splendidly. 🙂

5. ninjacat
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

Ask and you shall receive:

“Gaelic Sunrise” (Dread)
    Ah the beautiful Irish highlands. You’ve spent a marvelous day on a small bus tour with a few of the other hotel patrons, driving through the gorgeous Irish countryside, visiting a coastal fishing village, lunching at a traditional, electricity-free farm, and the rest of the afternoon on a guided tour of the ancient and empty Castle Baer A Caigh. It’s been a pleasant day, and the sun setting into the far edge of the sea lapping at the cliffs far below the castle is beautiful, but it’s time to return to the hotel, or at least proper civilisaton, for the evening meal… That’s when you discover the tour bus won’t start…

“Dread” is a diceless role-playing game that is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat. The focus of the game is role play and communal story telling… ..and surviving the tension. [alt. color]IMPORTANT NOTE:[/alt. color] A measure of manual dexterity is required to play “Dread”, so it is not a suitable game for small children. (Also, it’s a game of dramatic tension in a horror/suspense setting, so not really appropriate for little kids anyway.)

Buzz, due to “Dread”‘s diceless mechanic, I’d appreciate the table between the partitions to keep out of random traffic’s path, or the private room would work great if it’s available. Adding players after the game starts is possible but tricky, so I’d like to run the event in the afternoon, to give the most people the opportunity to decide if they’re interested or not BEFORE the slot starts.

-Thanks!

6. ninjacat
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Oops, forgot the ” ‘Gaelic Sunrise’ is suitable for anywhere from three to six or even eight players” line before the Important Note, but meh, we all know the drill by now. Just wanted to point out the setting and mechanic will be able to handle more than six players without a problem… ..as long as everyone’s there at start time, heh.

7. William Ronald
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Hi, Buzz:

I had no idea that EN World was down. (I am student teaching right now, so my online time is limited.) On the thread at EN World, I said that I did not have time to create a new event. However, if we have a cancellation or if we need to fill a slot, I can rerun one of my previous events.

8. William Ronald
    Posted May 9, 2006 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

EN world is back up, as indicated in this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=2813303#post2813303 but they have lost everything from December 29, 2005 onwards. So, it might be a good idea to repost what was on the boards.

9. Painfully
    Posted May 10, 2006 at 2:47 am | Permalink

Looks like the last morning slot is taken, sooooo…

I’d like to go ahead and offer a painting seminar in both the morning, and afternoon slots.

**Buzz, I will try to confirm with Curt that we can have another table in the AM slot before taking sign-ups. I believe we have room for it, otherwise I’ll just make this an afternoon only slot.**

Miniature Painting

This will be a “paint-and-take” event. Each participant will be given a free Reaper figure which they can paint, and then take home with them after the event. All necessary materials will be provided, but feel free to bring your own painting materials.

New painters are encouraged to join!

Optional: Speed painting competition!
    If enough participants are interested, I will propose a 1 or 2 hour speed painting competition towards the end of the time slot. The winner can expect a prize!